EAC compliance mark and product certification in Russia
Learn how to have a product tested for compliance with technical regulations of the Eurasian Economic Union
When Belarus, Kazakhstan and Russia formed the Customs Union (CU), which was later renamed to the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU) and expanded to include Armenia and Kyrgyzstan, they introduced first unified standards containing requirements that must be met by all products sold in the territory of its members states. These standards are called technical regulations (TR) and they were mainly developed to provide consumer safety, electromagnetic compatibility (if applicable) and uniformity of measurements.
There are more than 30 different technical regulations of the Eurasian Economic Union now. They cover a broad range of goods such as electronic and electrical equipment, clothing, packaging, machines, furniture, body protection, etc. Each product manufactured in Russia or imported into Russia must be tested for compliance with the corresponding Customs Union technical regulations.
The conformity assessment schemes differ greatly depending on the type and specifications of a product. Some products can be assessed with the EAEU technical regulations based on manufacturer’s own test reports and compliance declaration while others require the importer outsource the testing procedure to a professional laboratory accredited to issue certificates of compliance with the applicable technical regulations.
Products that have been successfully passed all conformity assessment procedures and found to comply with the EAEU technical regulations are marked with the EAC mark (EAC stands for Eurasian Conformity). This certification mark allows the access to the markets of all EAEU member states and is valid in the territory of Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Russia.
- The price of one declaration of conformity starts from $500;
- The price of one certificate of conformity starts from $1000.
In 1-2 days we prepare all the documents required to obtain a compliance certificate or declaration:
- draft certificate or declaration.
You will only need to provide:
- product description;
- copies of charter documents.
- Only legal entities residing in the Customs Union member countries are allowed to act as an applicant when applying for a certificate and declaration of conformity. Aside from residents, certificates and declarations of conformity can be obtained by sellers as well as foreign manufacturers and their representatives.
- The engrossed certificate of conformity should be printed in a specific form attested by the stamp of an accredited laboratory while the declaration of conformity can be printed on a blank A4 paper sheet.
- After obtaining the certificate and declaration of conformity, the importer (manufacturer) must mark the imported goods with the EAC mark.
- When the certificate/declaration of conformity is issued for more the three years, the goods become subject to annual inspection.
- In some cases testing of product samples may be required as part of the certification procedure.
- The list of issued certificates and declarations of conformity can be found in the unified register on the website of the Federal Accreditation Service (RusAccreditation).
- It is important to choose the correct application area of the imported goods when applying for a certificate and declaration of conformity.
Do not hesitate to contact
us if you have any questions
to processing of my personal information